Monday, June 7, 2010

Jenny day 2

Bookcrossing
Date: 11/02/10

I have neither the time nor the words to explain Bookcrossing in any great detail, but the basics can be found here: http://www.bookcrossing.com/home
On this occasion I bought two books, Mrs Dalloway and The Picture of Dorian Gray, from a charity book sale (double whammy of nice!), then registered and released them.

Reactions: None for these particular books as of yet. It can take a while, and only about 25% of books that are released are journaled by the finder. But I like to think somebody enjoyed them, even if they didn’t let me know they found them.

Would I do it again? Absolutely.
Cost: About £2 for the books, which went to charity.
Effort: Very little, as I released them on my way to the train station.
Time: Negligible time buying books, 15 minutes to register, 5 minutes to release.

No comments:

Post a Comment