Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cindy Day 8

ITLE: Don’t forget the animals!

Date: 16 Feb 2010

Explanation of the act:
All this Project Nice stuff is going to make a person’s day what about the animals? Project Nice coordinator Erinn had to put her cat down due to cancer. She was very sad and for the sake of her 2 year old daughter wanted to get all of the cat items out of the house quickly. I have a cat so she gave me a big bag of dry cat food and some wet food. My cat doesn’t like the wet food so I decided to give it to the Howard County Animal Control . I went out to Petsmart to get another bag of dry food, my cat seemed interested in the new food so I would feel bad taking it away, and some cat toys. After purchasing I went right over to the Animal Control.

Event:
It was really nice to see the long line of people there to look at these animals. I didn’t mind waiting my turn. When I was called I went up and handed the officer everything I had brought and asked what they need to have donated. For your reference they need: dry cat food, dog biscuits, canned dog food, and cat toys.

Reactions:
The officer seemed surprised and thankful that I brought over items. Do they not get many donations?

Would I do it again?

Absolutely! I am thinking about doing a once a month donation. I also have a follow up idea! Stay tuned!

Cost: About $12 (but for many cats)


Effort:
Minimal, it’s actually pretty relaxing to see all those nice animals

Time: Minimal just needs to be planned into the day to go to the store and then to the shelter. 1hr tops depending on traffic and how fast you shop. I like to look at the animals in the store


No comments:

Post a Comment