Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 28 Bought water for workers

Bought water for workers

As a parent, the single greatest places on the planet are indoor play centers.
A small fee (no, it's not a small fee, it's pretty over priced considering the whole thing is profit) and poof, you've a massive play area where your kid can run themselves to exhaustion meaning when you get home, your child needs a nap. Totally worth the not-so-small fee.

The workers there are super nice, they like kids and completely understand why their jobs are important to the sanity of the parents.

One of the workers was one of my former students. This student I remember her name. A totally redeemed myself from my student debacle from yesterday.

Event:
I went to the cafe and bought the workers bottled water.

Reactions:
Instantly smiles. I'm a big fan of instant smiles. There's also the smile of disbelief. I've been getting that one a lot too.

My daughter is taking a nap... totally worth it. Big smile on my face too.

Would I do it again. Yep.
Cost: $6
Effort: Not much, it was more work on for the girl scanning my credit card.
Time: 1 minute

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for what you are doing. Reading your posts is very inspiring and I will be following your example in the month of January. (If you care to see how it goes for someone else I'll be posting about it on So Many Dreams at tkastle.blogspot.com.)

    I don't recall exactly how I found your blog, (through some connection, near or distant, that can be traced back to Nathan Branford's post about Heifer International)but I'm sure glad I found it. I am a firm believer that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

    Yay you! Thanks again for your wonderful example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll follow your blog and cheer you on. I did post on Nathan Bradford's blog so that's probably how you found me.
    It's been a really rewarding and interesting experience. What I've found, it takes WAY more time to blog about it then it did to do the nice act.
    I've also found it's easier to buy things for people then do a free thing nice things.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete