Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 5 Thank the elementary school

Task: Thank the elementary school

This action was completed on December 3.

Event:
Here's what you need to know. My school is really two school attached to each other.
I work on the middle school side. I NEVER cross over to the Elementary school side. The two schools share one common area where the copy machines are located. Middle school teachers NEVER use the elementary school's copy machine NOR do we ever cross over to their side of the building. We might smile and exchange quick pleasantries but despite sharing the same air for 180 days of the year, we are complete strangers. Or at the very least, I am.

Elementary school is not a place I could ever work. It's not my thing and I have a huge amount of respect for those who do.

So the day I went to Dunkin Donuts to buy coffee for strangers, I also bought Munchkins for the Elementary staff.

Do you remember the Cashier from Day 3? Well she was the one who stuff the munchkin box. It was over stuffed with muchkins.

I also printed out a little note that said, "All my students know how to read. Thank you, HMS teacher."

Reaction:
Unknown. I did not see their reactions because I was in a team meeting when the teachers would have filtered in. That's fine. I know by the end of the day the box of donuts were gone and the note was still on the table. The next day was business as usual.


Will I do it again?:
Yep
How much did it cost me? $5.00
How much time did it take? 2 minutes, to buy the donuts, to type out the note, to print out the note and to walk it into the elementary staff lounge.
How much effort? Not a whole lot.

2 comments:

  1. Having subbed in a variety of Elementary schools, I can assure you that the donuts were appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to have different tasks with unknown reactions. I like it.

    ReplyDelete