Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 40-Took a phone survey

Took a phone survey.

All I know about politics I learned from watching The West Wing. Translation, I don't know a whole lot.

I know politicians need surveys to help make decisions or at the very least to know what to say to people to help win their vote.

Remember when I was worried I wasn't going to be able to do anything nice while I was trapped in my house? Yeah. Well sometimes life gives you little chances to be nice.

Event:
While my daughter was watching Go Diego Go, the phone rang. I answered it and was asked to do a survey for local politicians.

sigh.

I'm not great at surveys and a few years ago I did one and the harassment hasn't stopped since.
"I'll do it as long as you never call again and you take me off of whatever list you have. Deal?" But i said it much nicer then how it's written.
He laughed, "Deal."
Six minutes later I hung up the phone.

I'm not sharing the details because let's face it, it's as boring to read and it would be as boring to write.

Reaction:
The surveyor was pleasant enough. I didn't know all the answers and I felt sort of dumb at times. But at least my voice was heard and its one less survey he needed to do.


Would I do it again: I hate these things... I would go with my first no of the experiance. But will it happened again, Yes. Will I be as willing to help again, probably not.
Cost: Nothing
Effort: more then I would like to admit... it was a lot of thinking at 8 pm, my hair was still wet and I was cold from my nice deed of giving the snow plow guy coffee.
Time: 6 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment