Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 44 Dug out maibox

Dug out community mail box.

FINALLY!!!!! It took three blizzards but I was finally able to do it. I shoveled out the community mailbox.

Event:
This last blizzard was what I would call soul- crushing. It was colder and windier than the previous ones. My husband was out by 8 am digging out his car and the street. I, on the other hand, spent my morning checking Howard Countries Live Snow removal website every 15 minutes to see the progress.

When I saw the truck (according to the website) was one street over, I rushed down stairs, made coffee for the plow guy and started to dig out my car.

No truck.

I dug out the mail box. Three feet of snow, carefully placed off the road and mounted up.

Still no truck.

I started to shovel the street.

I didn't get far.

Still no truck.

My husband called me into the house a half an hour later.

No truck.

Reaction:
Well hopefully the mail will come today- (I'm writing this on Friday) We haven't had mail service in a week.

Hopefully the mail carrier will appreciate it and deliver my Entertainment Weekly.

About 15 minutes after I came in- I hear the roar of an engine. I looked outside. There was an ATV with a plow attachment to the front of it driving down my street. I checked on the website and according to the officials my road had been plowed.

Now I do have to give a lot of credit to Howard County- They had 90% of the roads cleared by 2 pm. Much better then the three days it took last time.

My road still looks icy and patchy.

Would I do it again- If my neighbors give me an oppertunity. The past few snow storms they've beaten me to it.
Cost- Nothing
Effort- I moved a whole lot of icy heavy snow... so lots of effort
Time- about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment