Monday, February 15, 2010

day 46- Notes in books- take two

Last time around I left notes inside books I really enjoyed, this time again, I did it a little differently.


Last time I hand wrote all the notes-- I hate my handwriting, I'm ashamed of it, so it was a big deal to write it. This time I typed it.

Last time I picked random books I really enjoyed.

This time I picked test prep books and I put inspirational quotes on the paper.

Event:

I wrote up 16 different happy notes. I printed them out and cut them to size. Then while my family and I were driving around after dinner, we stopped by at Borders. Yes the same Borders I went to last time.


I stuck the notes in SAT prep books, GMAT, LSAT, Nursing Test Prep books, Praxis, AP exams, and GRE books.

I put notes in like:

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out- Robert Collier

Good Luck on your tes.


Reaction:

I don't know- but I know I would be pretty excited to get a note like that. I'm a terrible test taker. The idea that someone cared enough to stick a little note in my book would mean a lot to me.

Would I do it again- I've already done it twice.
Cost: None
Effort: not a whole lot, I did have to cut the paper and fold it, and remember to bring it with me to Borders.
Time: 5 minutes to type and print and 3 minutes to cut and fold and 5 minutes to pick the books to place it in.


On a personal note- I did all of this on the day we put our cat down. He was 13 years old and we had discovered the night before he had bone cancer. It was a hard day. Chooch had been our first furry child. He was a great cat. He never bit, scratched or hissed. When he was annoyed he walked away. I've never met a cat quite like him. I'm a dog person and he was the only cat I ever loved.

Being nice to people doesn't mean that only good things are going to happen to you.

Some days are harder then other to be nice.

It doesn't mean it can't be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment