Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Susan Day 4

TITLE: Emailed a lonely older person

Date: Feb. 11, 2010

Explanation of the act: I get tons of junk emails (forwarded jokes and political rants) from a widower I barely know who lives in another state. I mostly delete all the emails I get from him. He lives alone and works from home, and has minimal contact with the outside world. During the last snowstorm, I decided to answer his emails and be a friendlier correspondent.

Event: engaged in email chat

Reactions: Positive. Unfortunately, this meant that he sent me MORE annoying emails than usual, but he seemed very happy to have someone to interact with and tell his stories to.

Would I do it again? Probably

Cost: Free
Effort:
minimal

Time: less than 10 minutes (I sent short emails back)

No comments:

Post a Comment