Monday, April 26, 2010

Diane Day 1

Erinn's Note: This week is VERY special because Diane is my Mom. Hi Mom! My mom is very shy and it's incredibly hard for her to go out of her comfort zone. Thank you SO much Mom. You are the best!

TITLE: Showing Appreciation for Our Troops



Date: February 3, 2010



Explanation of the act: We ask so much of our young men and women who choose to enlist in the armed services. They enter these services with youthful expectations of education, adventure and a desire to serve. I believe that as they begin to understand what is expected of them, they rise to the challenges and awaken in themselves a confidence and self-respect that can only come from putting yourself on the line for others. They deserve our respect, admiration and loyalty.





Event: I have just recently become addicted to a variety of games on Facebook. As most of you who are reading this already know, in order to increase your levels in the games, you either need a lot of friends or a lot of money. Since my personal friends amounted to all of about 15 (and that includes family), and I had already spent more money than I thought was reasonable on the games, I thought I would venture out into the scary world of finding friends I don’t actually know. I decided that I would read some profiles of people before I asked them to be my friend. I sent each person I chose a little note asking them to be my friend. To my delight, quite a few people responded. One of them was a soldier. After he accepted my invitation, I wrote back to him, thanking him for all that he is doing for our country.







Reactions: His response was, “Thank you for showing that you care”. I cried.



Would I do it again? Absolutely



Cost: 20 minutes searching for friends on Facebook

Effort: His response was well worth pushing past my comfort zone.

2 comments: