Sunday, April 18, 2010

Meghan Day 7

TITLE: NICE THING #7 – Paying a Toll

DATE: February 27, 2010

EXPLANATION:
I was headed north to Vermont for my writer’s retreat and along the way, there’s a toll for a bridge in New York state. A couple of years ago, while making the same trip north to visit my family in New Hampshire, I got to the toll booth with my dollar out and was told that the person in front of me had paid my toll. It made my day, to think a stranger would do something like that for me.

EVENT:
I paid the Hamilton Fish Bridge toll for myself and the car behind me.

REACTION:
I don’t know, as I didn’t stick around to find out, but the guy at the toll booth smiled and told me I had done a good deed for the day.

WOULD I DO IT AGAIN? Sure!

COST: $2.00 (my car and the car behind me)

EFFORT: None

TIME: Less than a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment