Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lori Day 1

Title: Joined former student’s fan page on facebook/Nice Deed #1

Date: Saturday, Feb 6

Today in Maryland we had 38 inches of snow and I was stuck inside all day. I spent a lot of time on the computer and noticed that one of my former students had joined a fan page of another former student. I clicked on the link and found out that one of my former students is a very good singer, song writer, and plays the guitar as she sings her original songs. I joined her fan page, sent her a friend request, and wrote her an email telling her how much I had enjoyed listening to her songs and telling her I thought she was really, really good.

Event: I clicked on a facebook link, listened to music for about 10 minutes, and sent an email.

Reaction: I got a friend confirmation back in about 5 minutes with an email thanking me for joining the fan page and listening to her music. She couldn’t believe that I would remember her with all of the students I have taught. She told me what she’s studying in college and that she would let me know if she sings anywhere close by. I’m very happy cause I reconnected with a student I really liked and the music is really good!

Would I do it again? Definitely.
Cost: Nothing
Effort: Very little…listening to music, writing an email
Time: 10 minutes of listening to music, 3 minutes to write an email, 2 minutes to read a reply to my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment