Saturday, April 24, 2010

Stacy Day 6

Coloring book:

background: As parents, we have all been someplace at times, waiting with our children, with absolutely nothing to entertain them…. And you think, “Why did I leave the house without _________ (fill in the blank with any toy that’s ever been invented)!

Good deed: I bought a couple of coloring books complete with crayons and kept them in my diaper bag for whenever I saw a mom or dad in need…. Opportunity struck when I saw a dad waiting for his wife with his, what looked to be about 2 or 3 year old son, outside a store in the mall. The boy was getting impatient and running into “mall traffic”, so I handed the coloring book to Morgan, my four year old, and had her give it to the child.

Reaction: The dad was grateful, and the kid looked (at least for the moment) entertained.

Cost/effort: about $2, and little effort

No comments:

Post a Comment