Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Meghan Day 2

TITLE: NICE THING #2 – Flowers for a Co-Worker

DATE: February 4, 2010

EXPLANATION:
A woman I work with just recently had her second child in September and things have been chaotic at home. She had an argument with her husband this particular morning and got to work only to discover databases she needed to use for her job were down and being temperamental. On top of this, she’d been helping me with life stuff, things I didn’t know how to figure out on my own.

EVENT:
I had to go out at lunch to pick up groceries for home and I made the conscious decision to buy my co-worker flowers, both as a thank you for the help she’s given me lately and to also cheer her up a little.

REACTIONS:
She couldn’t believe I’d bought her flowers. She smiled and got a little teary and thanked me.

WOULD I DO IT AGAIN? In a heartbeat. It was such a small and simple gesture and it made her so incredibly happy, which in turn kind of brightened my day, too.

COST: $3.99

EFFORT: Driving to the grocery store at lunch.

TIME: 15 minutes

2 comments:

  1. :o) picturing you buying flowers for your co-worker made me smile

    ReplyDelete