Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lori Day 3

Title: Big tip to woman who cut my hair at Hair Cuttery/Nice Deed #3

Date: Thursday, February 18

I went to Hair Cuttery to get my haircut as it had been 8 weeks since my last cut. I have really thick hair and it is all different lengths so it can be a challenge to cut. I called ahead to make sure the woman I liked was working and made an appointment for 2 p.m.
When I arrived at Hair Cuttery I waited about 10 minutes for my cutter to finish up her previous client. As she came over to get me and wash my hair she was very pleasant and smiling. As she proceeded to cut my hair after the wash, she told me that today had been really tough because of the schools opening late. She had to come to work 2 hours later than normal and had to cancel several appointments she had booked. She told me the snow had been really hard on her as the Hair Cuttery was closed for 5 days and when they re-opened they didn’t have any customers. She told me it was going to be a tough month for her and her daughter but she was very upbeat and nice.

Event: When it came time to pay, it costs $15 for a haircut and wash at Hair Cuttery and I gave her $20 extra. She thought I had made a mistake, but I told her I wanted her to have it to help her out for the missed appointments.

Reaction: She smiled, thanked me, and told me to have a good day.

Would I do it again? Yes
Cost: $20
Effort: I was going to get my haircut anyways, so very little.
Time: 1 minute extra while I was paying to explain that it wasn’t a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment