Saturday, April 17, 2010

Meghan Day 6

TITLE: NICE THING #6 – Cookies, Cookies, Everywhere

DATE: February 21 & 22, 2010

EXPLANATION:
There are plenty of people in the world who go unappreciated, who never get a “thank you” for the work they do.

EVENT:
I baked cookies and brought half of them to the guys over at The Lube Center in Columbia, where I take my car for service. They always do a great job and my car has been running really well ever since I started bringing it there for oil changes and engine service.

The other half I brought to my former colleagues at the Howard County Police Department’s Research & Planning Section. They do a lot of work for the agency that either goes unnoticed or unappreciated and I thought they deserved a little bit of appreciation.

REACTION:
Both the guys at The Lube Center and the ladies at Research & Planning were surprised and thankful for the cookies. There were lots of smiles.

WOULD I DO IT AGAIN? Absolutely – those smiles were a definite highlight in both my Sunday and Monday.

COST: $5.00 for ingredients

EFFORT: Little effort, just baking the cookies.

TIME: About 2 hours – it turned out to be a recipe that made 4 dozen cookies…which I didn’t realize when I started making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment