Friday, May 7, 2010

Danielle Day 4

Day 4 – Cookies!

Baked Cookies for my husband’s co-workers – 2.21.10

Earlier in the week, my husband’s boss, who raises chickens, gave us a dozen eggs – he does that from time to time. I don’t know what he feeds these chickens, but the eggs are huge and very, very good. As soon as I saw the eggs I thought – ooh, I gotta bake some cookies (I also thought – ooh, egg salad – but that’s beside the point).

I love to bake. And I love baked goods. And I think that pretty much everyone loves cookies. I mean, what’s not to love, right? And what could be better than using the eggs that hubby’s boss gave us to make some cookies for hubby’s office?

Event:
I baked up a batch of oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip cookies on a Sunday evening and my husband brought them to work on Monday. Well, he brought half of them to work – I made a double batch so we could have some at home.

Reactions:
I got a thank you email from one of my husband’s co-workers – she wrote, “Thanks for the cookies!!! You are too sweet.” Another co-worker was joking around with my husband and asked if I was trying to bribe them so they’d help my department with anything we want (my husband and I work in the same university – I’m in the e-learning department and he’s in the technology department).


Would I do it again? Sure. I do love to bake. And I like it even better when baked goods leave the house so I don’t eat them all.

Cost: I could probably break down the cost of all of the ingredients . . . but it would probably take more effort than making the cookies. I already had all of the ingredients in house, so it didn’t really cost anything extra.

Effort: Average

Time: About an hour (I have a double oven, so that really cuts down on the bake time)

No comments:

Post a Comment