Monday, May 24, 2010

Emily Day 7

Day 7: Tried to pay for other people’s library fines.

Personally, I think the library is pretty awesome. Where else can you go for a huge selection of free books, movies, and music?

On the other hand, paying fines is not-so-awesome.

Event: I went to the library, armed with $10 and some slips of paper The idea was that the $10 would pay for the next few people’s fines, and the librarian could give them a slip of paper that explained about Project Nice and suggested that they try do something nice for someone else. Is this what happened?

No.

After I explained to the librarian what I wanted to do, he said that he couldn’t because it would be unfair to the people who’s fines weren’t covered by the $10. I could see where he was coming from, but I was still annoyed that this wasn’t going the way I had hoped. The librarian did tell me that I could donate the $10 to the library, so that’s what I did instead.

Reaction: The librarian seemed kind of irritated that I didn’t know I couldn’t pay for other people’s fines. Hopefully, whatever that $10 went towards makes someone else happy, though.

Would I do it again? Probably not. I don’t want to anger librarians more than necessary.

Cost:$10

Effort: Not much.

Time: 1 minute for me to explain my vision, and another minute for the librarian reject the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment