Friday, May 21, 2010

Emily Day 4

Day 4: Wrote my mom an encouraging note.

For the past week, my dad has been not feeling well. He went to the doctor, and after a ton of blood tests, it was determined that he was anemic. For those of you who, like me, are not a medical practitioner, that means that his red blood cell and hemoglobin counts are low, along with a bunch of other chemicals that I can’t pronounce, let alone spell. The doctors monitored his red blood cell and hemoglobin counts, and they became very low, like I’m-shocked-you’re-able-to-stand low. He was hospitalized today, and is getting a blood transfusion as I am writing this. Needless to say, my mom is extremely stressed out and very worried about her husband.

Event: I wrote my mom an encouraging note that reminded her that my brother and I love her and we have amazing friends and family who will help her through this whole situation.

Reaction: My mom was touched that I took the time to reassure her while everything was so hectic.

Would I do it again? Definitely.

Cost: It was free.

Effort: It was pretty easy.

Time: About 3 minutes. It wasn’t a terribly long note.

No comments:

Post a Comment