Monday, May 24, 2010

Emily Day 8 BONUS!!!!!

Day 8: Made blankets for sick kids.

I don’t know if you’ve heard of Project Linus, but it’s a great program. Participants donate a blanket to Project Linus, and they give the blanket to a very sick child at a hospital who could use some comfort, and lets them know that someone cares.

Event: My mom had bought some big squares of fleece a while back, to make into blankets for Project Linus, but we never got around to it. So, with new enthusiasm, I located the fleece, and my mom, my brother, and I made three blankets out of the material.

Reaction: We just dropped them off at the fire station, (The Project Linus donation box is there.) so I won’t get to see the recipient’s reaction to the blanket. I wish I could, though!

Would I do it again? Yes! It was actually pretty fun making the blankets.

Cost: My mom bought the fabric so long ago. I don’t remember how much it costs.

Effort: My fingers were a little stiff when I finished, but nothing too strenuous.

Time: About an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment